May 29 September 21
June 27 October 19
July 25 November 17
August 23 December 15
Author Stephen King claimed there are two types of writers: plotters and pantsers. Plotters plan out the writing of their book while pantsers write flying by the seat of their pants. King says he a pantser. This process of writing works for King because he is a 3♣ Birth Card. 3♣’s are born with a mind over-flowing with mental energy and ideas. Such a mind is a gift because 3♣ can potentially harness their endless flow of ideas into creative expression. This explains why the 3♣ is known as the writer’s card. However, this mind can also be a challenge if a 3♣ struggles to manage the flow of ideas. Their ideas take on a life of their own and tend to behave more like a hamster wheel. In other words, their ideas get into an unhealthy cycle of flowing that is difficult to stop. For instance, a 3♣ may worry about events or communications with others and then replay these ideas repeatedly in their head. Unable to manage the flow of these ideas, these individuals struggle with an imbalance of mental energy. This condition in turn may go on to manifest stress, anxiety, and/or insomnia.
The key to solving this problem involves a 3♣ restoring and then maintaining the balance of mental energy in their head. Fortunately, there are several good strategies and tools that can help. Let’s explore a few:
· Try calming aromatherapy or essential oils. Certain essential oils, like lavender and chamomile, have been shown to positively impact the limbic system which is a complex system of nerves that control basic emotions that tends to create stress and anxiety.
· Restore energy balance by attending to the body’s chakras. Chakras are energy centers that receive and transmit energy throughout the body. The two chakras linked to an overactive mind are the Sacral and Brow chakras. Energy therapists can target these chakras using shiatsu, acupuncture, light therapy, and crystal healing. For example, the crystal Amblygonite is known to help activate creativity for those in artistic fields who struggle with an imbalance of mental energy.
· Some people with stress and anxiety disrupt their hamster wheel minds with Emotional Freedom Techniques or EFT Tapping. Similar to acupuncture, EFT tapping involves repeatedly tapping specific pressure points on the body.
· Purchase a weighted blanket if insomnia is an issue.
· Try calming apps such as Colorfy, Calm, Shine, Breathwrk, What’s Up A Mental Health App, Nature Sounds Relax and Sleep, and MindShift CBT.
· At the very least, all 3♣ benefit by engaging in some form of creative expression -writing, creating artwork, theater classes, dancing, or playing music.